Lighting TD - Toronto
- Works with supervisors and peers to build and support the Lighting tools, techniques and procedures to support current projects and advance the capabilities of the facility.
- The role requires strong technical and communication skills, as well as a firm understanding of lighting, shading, compositing, color theory, software design, graphics, and production work flow.
- Candidates will be required to contribute to lighting, and overall back end development.
- Design, create and maintain tools using APIs provided by the various DCC applications.
- Work with artists to troubleshoot and fix problems arising in the Technical Director’s area(s) of expertise
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency with Houdini, Maya, Nuke, Shotgun, Python and PySide.
- General understanding of modern rendering algorithms.
- Experience with a variety of pathtracers, including Mantra, RedShift, RenderMan and V-Ray is a plus.
- Experience with pipeline integration, rendering, asset management systems and databases
- Minimum 3 years visual effects production experience required
- Ability to quickly master proprietary tools and development processes.
- Creative problem solving skills
- Must be detail oriented, organized, have good communication skills, and be able to independently handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
Start: As soon as possible
Group Benefits Coverage included (Health & Dental, Vision & Life Insurance)
Terms of employment - Contract
Mr. X Inc.
720 King Street West, 10th Floor
Toronto, ON M5V 2T3