Lighting Artist - Toronto
- Responsible for final 3D scene assembly and rendering of elements required to complete visual effects shots,
- Engaging at every stage of production including pre-visualization of complicated sequences, look development, and research and development,
- Optimize and troubleshoot lighting and rendering problems in a fast paced environment,
- Working closely with CG Supervisors to determine best approach to solve 3D challenges and develop final look,
- Will work closely with compositors to finish selected shots so that computer generated elements are seamlessly integrated with live-action plates.
- Experience with Maya and/or Houdini as well as a firm understanding of film production / post production techniques in a production environment,
- Intermediate-level compositing experience (Nuke),
- Ability to problem solve and predict potential problems with assigned tasks,
- Ability to manage personal as well as team milestones and deadlines,
- Strong communication skills are critical. Candidate must be able to work within a team, taking direction and exercising attention to detail in a fast-paced production environment,
- Experience with V-Ray and/or Mantra a plus,
- Experience with Texture Painting or Look Development a plus,
- Experience with 3D modeling/texturing a plus,
- At least 3 years of experience lighting for Feature Films.
Start: As soon as possible
Group Benefits Coverage included (Health & Dental, Vision & Life Insurance)
Terms of employment - Contract
Mr. X Inc.
720 King Street West, 10th Floor
Toronto, ON M5V 2T3