Junior Systems Administrator / Desktop Support - New York
Specializing in feature film visual effects and animation for international and local producers, Toronto based digital studio, Mr. X Inc. is comprised of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling.
We are currently looking to add a Jr. Systems Administrator to our team.
- Provide hardware and software desktop support to artists and production; responding to technical requests to assist in maintaining productions,
- Install and upgrade systems in a timely manner,
- Installation, configuring and support of operating systems across Mr. X,
- Maintenance of workstations when required. Assist in maintenance of renderfarm,
- Other similar 'fire fighting' duties in Systems department as required.
- Some heavy lifting of systems, and assisting with moving servers and other IT equipment required.
- Experience with Linux (We use CentOS!), Windows 7 and/or OS X. Our operating system usage is split about 70/20/10 (Linux being the highest),
- Strong ability to understand issues as they arise and assist in troubleshooting
- A strong desire to learn new skills and technology,
- Basic understanding of networking and associated protocols/applications (DNS, DHCP, PXE, Active Directory, NFS, SAMBA/CIFS....)
- Ability to work within our team and also as a person who can work independently.
Nice to have:
- Ability to read and understand Python.
- Previous experience in the Media & Entertainment industry. Extra points if VFX!