Massive TD - Toronto
Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply creative and technical skills to create realistic-looking crowds
- Design crowd character behavior from scratch within Massive, Maya, V-Ray/RenderMan, and Python
- Create crowd versions of character geometry, materials, and rigs with an eye toward variation and efficiency
- Identify and breakdown behaviors into cycles for artists to animate
- Work with the larger production to populate shots with crowds from early layout to final rendering
- Troubleshoot creative/technical issues as they arise
- Ensure on-time delivery of Crowd elements within established production schedule.
- At least 2 years of experience with crowd software packages (e.g. Massive, Maya, V-Ray/RenderMan)
- Broad working knowledge of 3D and 2D generalist skills
- Programming/scripting experience (e.g. Mel, Python and/or C++)
- Previous CG production experience in feature films and/or high end television
- Good eye for realistic movement in animals, individuals and crowds.
- Previous experience working with motion capture data
- The candidate must have the ability to work autonomously and meet deadlines,
- Must be detail oriented, organized, have good communication skills, and be able to independently handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
Salary: $58,000 - $100,000 commensurate to the level of experience
Group Benefits Coverage included
Terms of employment - 1 year contract
Mr. X Inc.
720 King Street West, 10th Floor
Toronto, ON M5V 2T3